Let’s explore POP ART.
First lets watch an interview with the pop artist, Romero Britto:
Romero Britto likes to use basic shapes like a HEART or a STAR and then decorates around them.
Lets check out this presentation for more examples:
Using the 12″ X 18″ Poster size drawing paper, create a Romero Britto inspired drawing.
- Have a border that is equal width all around the entire paper that is no wider than 1 inch.
- Create a main shape as your subject (heart, star, peace sign, etc) but don’t put in the VERY center….put it closer to one side than the other.
- LIGHTLY pencil in your sections and be creative about how to design each section
- Use Colored Pencils, Oil Pastels or BOTH (no paint or markers)
- Finally, Use BLACK to carefully accent the separations in your design.
Please refer to any of the Romero Britto examples for inspiration.