When using oil pastels, we call it “painting” instead of coloring. Oil pastels are a hard paint, so to speak! Here is an introduction to painting with oil pastels:
Here is another video that shows how to blend your oil pastels. We use Portfolio oil pastels which works well for these blending techniques.
Finally, I want to show you a blending technique that I wasn’t able to find online in a short video….I guess I will have to make one!
This week’s assignments:
- Technique Practice:
- Create a color/blending chart in your sketchbook:
- Leave enough margin to jot some notes about your blending
- Leave enough space to jot the color and brand of which oil pastel you are using.
- 7-8 grade: Romero Britto Assignment
- 6th grade: Color Scheme project